Thursday, July 7, 2011

A student's perspective

It's clear Domus Academy parents value the support our family advocates provide; this blog's previous post highlights just a few of the comments we've heard. But what about students? How do they feel about family advocates?

"My family advocate is someone I can always go to for a listening ear and advice."

"My family advocate is someone who goes to my house and meets with my aunt about what goes on at school and in my neighborhood."

"I love my family advocate--she helps me be successful and helps me work through my anger."


Family advocates continue their work during the summer, making home visits and ensuring youth are connected with critical community resources to hopefully stem the tide of summer slide, the academic loss occurring during the summer which hits youth living in poverty the hardest. Next week, we'll provide an inside look at what summer brings to Domus Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment